Saturday, April 19, 2008

Epidural Steroid Injection

Well everything went well yesterday with my injection. I was as nervous as could be so they were so nice to give me a sedative. The whole thing last about 15 minutes. But then I had some side affects. I got all dizzy, hot and flush. So they had to give me an IV of fluids. When I felt better they moved to the recovery area where my blood pressure was very low. They figured it was because I was dehydrated, since I could not eat and drink all day. So they gave me some juice as well as the fluid IV. I had to stay a little longer until my heart rate was up. I felt fine after leaving but after all half of my body was numb. But that numbness started wearing off on the long drive home. So I was very ready to get to my bed. I was tired and felt funny but ok for the most part. Then I felt pain after all the numbing meds wore off. After sleeping I feel better this morning, still some pain but not as bad as I thought it would be. Still going to hang low and enjoy my pampering from Joe and the boys. It was so sweet last night Conner was trying to take care of. He even felt the need to eat dinner with me in bed. Then he offered to play some games with me and even read me a book. And asked me if I wanted some ice cream to make me feel better. You know ice cream helps everything. He kept asking me all night how I felt and this morning if I was feeling better. I will keep you posted on the happenings. Thank you all for your prayers they were definitely answered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well! I'm sorry that you have been in so much pain. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you're being well taken care of. Yes...Ice Cream is love!

Thinking of you! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, very glad to hear that you are feeling better. That is sweet of boys - taking care of mommy. Hope you are able to see some pain relief for a little while. Let us know how you progress.

Mike